Tuesday, January 12, 2010

For Mac Eyes Only - "Don't Knock Bathroom Sales"

Episode #152

This week on For Mac Eyes Only: Mike wonders if tablets are ready for another go, More Apple tablet rumors, Greenpeace likes Apple again, Apple Store targets, Faster App approval, Pro Apps go 64-bit, 4th Gen iPhone, LEGO iPhone controls, Gary's News and Views from Across the Pond, Web Travels with Dan, Quit with Red X, iCal Holidays, Parents Messed up WiFi.


News:
> Apple's First Quarter Earnings on January 25th
> RUMOR: 10" Screens in Short Supply?
> RUMOR: Tablet to be Clad in Aluminum?
> RUMOR: FingerWorks Technology in Tablet?
> Greenpeace Gives Apple a Gold Star
> Apple Store Shoppers Targeted
> App Approval Times Improve
> UPDATE: Word Custom XML Update Coming Soon
> UPDATE: Remote Desktop Client and Admin 3.3.2
> UPDATE: Bonjour Update 2010-001 to fix Apple TV Linking
> UPDATE: Logic Pro and MainStage go 64-bit
> RUMOR: 4th Gen iPhone in April?
> RUMOR: OS X 10.6.3 in Beta
> RUMOR: Telltale's Games Coming to Mac in 2010?
> FUN NEWS: LEGO Steering Wheel for iPhone


For Mac Eyes Only is brought to you by SquareSpace.com:
Use our discount code MEO to save 12% on the life of your account at Squarespace.com


Features:

Gary's News and Views from Across the Pond - UK and EU News
> Did Orange let the Cat out of the bag?
> 77% of Dec Sales were iPhones
> Mac Exhibition
> NSConference
> Fun item: Tablet already out
> Mine's bigger than yours
> O2 not so bad
> Sky News iPhone App
> Sky News iPhone App Reviewed
> Italian Class Action
> Virgin Blocking .pages Files
> The Tablet already here?

Web Travels With Dan:
> iFixIt.com
> Dan's FMEO Facebook Group


Listener E-mails:

Question: George is looking for a way to Quit apps using the "Red X"

Question: Robert Needs a US Holidays Calendar
> Apple's US Holiday Calendar
> Find calendars for just about everything at iCalShare

Question: Jason's Parents have WiFi Password Woes


Additional Links to Know:
> The FMEO Apple Store Gallery

Contact Us:
> mike AT formaceyesonly.com
> dan AT formaceyesonly.com
> gazmaz AT formaceyesonly.com
> barry AT formaceyesonly.com
> pam AT formaceyesonly.com
(Remember to replace the "AT" with "@")

> Team FMEO on Twitter:
>> @formaceyesonly
>> @gazmaz
>> @danv
>> @parnone
>> @fulkb
> ESC!Casts Hotline - 1(815)981-4224

Subscribe to our Podcast Feed or
Download the show here!


Running Time: 43:12

1 comment:

Nico Messer said...

Ok, I do have a question regarding the iPhone. Of course I did do some research myself and found different ways to go after this problem but I would love to hear your inputs.

So, my problem is synchronizing photos from my iPhone. I would like to have the pictures I take organized in album. Unfortunately, you can't achieve this without synchronizing either with iPhoto or some folder on your hard drive.

I didn't want to use iPhoto because I want to keep it clean with my "real" pictures on my hard drive. Only way to go then was choosing a folder. So I did and it work as far for the creation of an album in the iPhone. But now there are the pictures in the albums, those who are still in the camera roll and some in an album called Photo Library.

The albums I created seem to be ok. They have all the pictures in it that are supposed to be there. The Camera Roll still seems to have all of the pictures (I don't want that). And then there's the Photo Library that seems to have one more than the total of actual pictures I seem to have on my iPhone.

So much for a long comment. Hope it is more or less understandable what I tried to explain before.

Someone knows of better ways how to handle this (I would like to be this default on the iPhone without the need to synchronize with a Mac)? Anyone maybe having the same problem I do?

I'm just curious to here the thoughts of the community. Thanks.